Important Information Regarding Supplementation
The information contained in this website has been designed to educate and inform only and is not intended to be a nutritional regime or to replace Medical advice. The supplements described should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet nor are they meant as meal replacements.
We recommend if you are taking any prescription medications or are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before taking any supplements.
It is important that attention is given to the recommended intake instructions printed on each label and caution should be taken not to exceed the stated intake unless professionally directed.
Where symptoms persist or there is concern about a condition you should stop taking the products and contact your recommending practitioner and/or doctor.
Important Notice Regarding Supplementation
For many people, nutritional supplementation can be an important and useful adjunct to a healthy diet. However, food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. We recommend that you consult with a qualified practitioner who can guide you in making the best choices for your needs.
We also recommend those under medical supervision (i.e. with a specific condition under medical review or taking prescription medication) should consult their Doctor before using supplements. Some products may interact with medication and, whilst this is only a small number your nutritionist, pharmacist or medical practitioner should be able to assist you.
Other types of individual who should seek professional advice before using supplements:
- Individuals who have a pacemaker fitted.
- Patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- Individuals who are recipients of organ transplants and are taking immuno-suppressive medication.
- Individuals who are hyperallergic and experience anaphylactic reactions to specific or multiple substances.
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding women – particularly herbal preparations or high dose antioxidants.
- Children – herbal preparations or high dose antioxidants should not be used except under close supervision.